Estrada vs. Chocolatito Trilogy in Play For September or October

Boxing Scene

The long-awaited trilogy fight between Juan Francisco ‘Gallo’ Estrada and Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez could potentially happen in September or October, according to promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport.

Estrada and Chocolatito electrified the fans this past March in a tremendous fight that included more than 2,500 punches.

The rematch saw Estrada walk away with the WBC, WBA super flyweight world titles. He secured a split decision win, but there were many who felt Chocolatito had done more than enough to get the win.

They had previously collided in 2012, with Chocolatito won a twelve round unanimous decision. That contest took place at junior flyweight, with Estrada squeezing down to make weight in a lower weight class.

Estrada was the favorite in the rematch, but it was Chocolatito who turned back the clock and raised his level in the fight.

Hearn is very excited about the possibility of having them collide for a third time.

“I’m talking to the ‘Gallo’ team, we are also talking to the ‘Chocolatito’ team. The second fight has been by far the second best fight I have seen live, so we are happy for the possibility that they will face each other a third time, and we’re looking for it to be on the West Ccoast, with more people this time, and for the month of September or October,” Hearn said to ESPN Deportes.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Boxing pros react to Lopez’s comeback, Haney and Prograis not that impressed
Tyson Fury Announces Retirement – Again; WBC Acknowledges, Though Yet To Take Action
Ranked 1-10: The “Most Hated” and “Most Loved” Boxers on the Internet
Bob Arum On Tyson Fury: “You’ve Got To Take Everything That Tyson Says With A Grain Of Salt”
Rashidi vs Silveryra FULL FIGHT: April 20, 2021 | PBC on FS1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.